Project of the Year Overall Winner 2011
Category Winner – B2B
JP | KOM (Germany) in collaboration with BlueFocus (China)
Increase market presence of SMS Meer, a leading German company for plant construction and mechanical engineering, and establish new production site through the official opening of SMS Meer Engineering China – SMEC
- Create awareness among (potential) customers
- Celebrate the new market presence
- The quality of the communication activities to mirror the quality of the products and services of SMS Meer
- Balanced messaging in China and Europe
- Continuous tracking of the outcome
Leading German technology – manufactured in China
- Meeting in Shanghai of project team (JP | KOM, Blue Focus and SMS Meer CorpCom)
- Invitations to the opening designed, guest list (including press) drawn up
- Advertisements prepared for German and Chinese Media
- Trade media relations programme initiated
- Presence at Tube China 2010 trade fair
- Corporate brochure in Chinese and English
- Establish SMEC Website
- Official opening – included employees welcome, media briefing, official ceremony and official banquet
- Analysing of media response
- Final presentation
- Positive media response in China and Europe – local, financial and trade media, which also mentioned the investment in the new site of 200 million Yuan ($US29.96million). 93% of Chinese coverage was positive and of the European media it was 90%. The rest was neutral.
- Attendance on the day exceeded the initial targets.
- The opening went perfectly, the attending customers of SMS Meer were very satisfied.
- The project was brought in on time (five months) and to budget.