Project of the Year 2013 Finalist of Business-to-Business Category:
Agency: Luca Comunicacion Corporativa, Spain
Project Title: Madrid Lighting Show
Havells-Sylvania is a leader in design, manufacture and distribution of lighting solutions. The company’s brands are Concord, Lumiance and Sylvania. Havells-Sylvania is number three in the lighting market after Philips and Osram.
• British lead agency, Wildwood, appointed Luca for the Spanish campaign.
• To reinforce brand, positioning and product knowledge in Spain
• Ensure better recognition in media
• Position H-S as leader in LED technology
• Introduce the new CEO to media
• Strengthen relations with key media
• The media knew the company but didn’t have experience of the product, innovations and Havells-Sylvania team.
• Create a credible PR Plan
• Design a special activity to raise the profile
• Use the Havells-Sylvania offices, which are designed as a “showroom”, to display the lighting solutions for offices.
• Ensure that the lighting is renewed frequently to present all new products.
• Organise a media event to introduce the “showroom” through the development of the concept “Madrid Lighting Show”.
• All 21 top journalists invited attended the Madrid Lighting Show held at Havells-Sylvania offices.
• The event achieved widespread media coverage with more than 30 news items in the target media.
• Havells-Sylvania significantly increased their media presence and achieved strengthened media relations.
• Good impact in the industry resulting in Havells-Sylvania showroom experiencing increased visits from clients, architects, interior designers, installers and other industry opinion leaders.
• Luca success with the media coverage around the event and previous PR work placed the agency as the second best ROI of all eight countries working with the client despite Spain being the fifth market in Europe in terms of sales/turnover.
• Havells-Sylvania is seen as a leading brand by the industry.