PROJECT: BARCELONA, 1.000 DAYS TO THE FUTURE FOR DISCOVERY
AGENCY: LUCA COMUNICACIÓN CORPORATIVA – SPAIN
CLIENT:DISCOVERY TV CHANNEL
Project of the Year: 2004
To create the most important event to date in Spain for Discovery to capture media, TV and opinion leader interest and generate brand awareness.
Engage the attention of the organizers of the Forum de las Culturas through a documentary that would stir media and public interest in Barcelona.
Discovery has a special commitment to Spain and wanted to produce the best local TV documentaries for global broadcast.
- Organise a large PR event with a premiere of the film “Barcelona: 1.000 days to the future”, for the media, TV channels, VIPs, opinion leaders and politicians.
- Use the new Barcelona Auditorium (the main building in the Forum de las Culturas) prior to its official grand opening by the King and Queen of Spain a few days later.
- Move initial plan of 70 attendees to more than 2000 to generate maximum interest.
- Organise a Press Conference hosted by the mayor of Barcelona for the media, VIP guests and opinion leaders through a cocktail party.
- Broadcast the documentary to 155 countries, in 34 languages reaching 1 billion viewers.
• Attendance of more than 60 journalists, TV crews and 70 VIPs
• Attendance of more than 3,200 guests to the premiere, led by the Mayor of Barcelona, who dedicated a speech to the audience and Discovery.
• Return on investment 10,6 times greater than the investment of 45.000 Euros
• Most important event & documentary of Spain to date